Save the date!
Monday, September 16
Veterans Mental Health
Online Town Hall
Congressman Ron Barber
with Matthew Randle, United States Army Veteran
Additional special guests to be announced
In partnership with Creating Community Solutions, part of the National Dialogue on Mental Health, Congressman Barber (AZ) will host a Veterans Mental Health Online Town Hall using the Civic Commons platform.
The online town hall will be a national conversation in which anyone can participate to discuss veterans’ mental health. Post questions, share your stories, and participate in this online dialogue with the Congressman.
Why a Town Hall on Veterans’ Mental Health?
- Because many of our veterans return home with battle scars that can’t be seen
- Because families and loved ones sometimes don’t know what to say or how to help
- Because an average of 22 veterans commit suicide every day
- Because veterans might not know where to find help
- Because we don't often get the chance to talk about this important public issue civilly and openly online
- Because there's a lot we can learn from each other
Join in the national conversation on the Civic Commons from 10 am – 7 pm EDT on Monday, September 16th at www.theciviccommons.com/mentalhealth.
Congressman Barber will start the day with a video message, then join the conversation live from 4 -5 p.m. EDT (1 – 2 pm MST).